Sunday, August 9, 2009

Saturday Sketch Challenge ~ 111

It's a day of firsts! Well, maybe only a couple of firsts but they sure seem big to me. I am entering my very first sketch challenge AND I've embossed a card for the first time! Woohoo!!! I've been lurking in the background and enjoying what other stampers have entered for a while. Today I'm steppin' out of the shadows! Aren't you proud of me?

The Saturday Sketch Challenge over at the Stamping 411 blog looked like so much fun that I just *had* to step up and take part.


I just got a heat embossing tool and I was DYING to try it out. Therefore, a darker paper seemed like a good idea. While looking through my stash I came across some Raspberry Tart DSP and it all clicked. At that point, I was on a mission! I threw in some Regal Rose and Rose Red, grabbed my much loved punches and the Polka Dot Punches set... tossed in a dash of Sweet Serendipity and voila! A card was born :)

Thanks for stoppin' by and takin' a peek!

Mandy


5 comments:

Tanja said...

I love the way your card turned out. The embossing meakes the card. I also love your banner. I need to learn how to do that!!

quiltcat said...

great job on the embossing! it really makes those "dottie" stamps pop! (congrats on your first sketch challenge...this was my second *g*)

Connie Babbert said...

So pretty! Love you card...thanks for playing along this week!

Krista said...

Very nice ! Love your card !

Lucia Kaiser said...

My favorite paper - so sad it's retired! Love the card. Thanks for stopping by my blog!