Thursday, August 6, 2009

Fun Mail!

OK, so it wasn't MY fun mail... but I sure had a good time making it and mailing it! My bestest friend Mary made an unexpected trip out of town when her mother was sick. It's not the easiest thing being a temporary caregiver and we know it's not fun needing one! There wasn't much I could do but pray for them and send some smiles. Can you guess what I sent? Man, you're good! You are right! I sent cards :)

This card is the card I sent to Mary. She'd mentioned that she liked this stamp set when we were catalog browsing one day, so I knew it would please her.


I stamped the truck on Always Artichoke and cut it out which was a new trick for me. It was loads of fun coloring the flowers with my new markers... Being an Okie, I couldn't resist creating a shaded parking place :) It turned out pretty cute if I may say so myself!






Of course her mom needed a get well card too! Here's what I sent to wish her a speedy recovery.

It's such a good feeling to send fun mail. I really should do it more often!!!

After such a long break between posts, I think I'd better stop there so anyone who actually sees my blog (yes, I mean you, sister dear!) won't have a heart attack. Two posts in one day!?!?!? What came over me!!??!! Hopefully I'll see ya soon :)

I dunno about you, but I'd sooner be stampin'!

Mandy

2 comments:

TABray said...

Just to ease your mind, Sis 'o Mine, I WAS shocked but I did NOT have a heart attack! LOL Love your get well card. It's very cheerful!

taysgranny said...

Your friend Really appreciated the pick me up.